Judah's first day of school!

We just got back from a week-long vacation in Cape Cod (yes, we took Judah out of school on just the third week in- worth it!) Before we get back into routine, I wanted to hop on here really quick and share a few photos from Judah's first day of school.

It was an emotion-packed day for our little family. Judah was all nerves all day long and told us all along that he "changed his mind" about going to preschool. I knew he was anxious about us leaving him behind for those few hours, and guys, I was right there with him. My stomach was in knots the whole day! 

When it finally came time for drop off, Judah hesitated a bit . . . but that was all. The only tears were mine as John an I drove away from the school. All I could think of was "HOW ARE WE ALREADY HERE?" Wasn't he JUST a baby (see his first day of homeschool preschool here . . . exactly a year apart!)? Isn't he still my baby?

Every day gets a little easier, for Judah AND for me. I'm not used to having him gone during the afternoon and I always feel a little empty until I see his smiling face waiting for me at pickup. He's in such a good place, though, and I already see so much development in him from even just a few short weeks.


This is our sweet boy at four years old: kind, imaginative, energetic. A lover of animals with sharp teeth, Legos, and his baby brother. So proud to be Mama to this "grown up" preschooler!

Comments