The first day of school.


We've had a lot of silence over here on my blog, and that's because we've been busy! We've been in preschool for a few weeks now, plus we went on a family vacation to Cape Cod (During a hurricane! More on that another time).

I feel like I've already learned so much about my son that I didn't know before we started homeschool. His likes, dislikes, how he prefers to interact with activities. It took about 3 seconds into our first lesson to recognize, "Oh, THIS is why they say homeschool is hard." ;) Because we're teaching people and not robots (ha!), with their own ideas and free will. So, working through, being creative and flexible, and absolutely being realistic about what we can do to make this a fun, first year experience.

But, you guys. The first day of school. You know those times you look at your kid and you're like, "How is this my child?!" This was that kind of moment for me. Almost the same as when I looked at Judah as teeny-tiny newborn in the car next to me as we drove away from the hospital and thought, "I can't believe we're doing this!" It's a bewildering, nearly out-of-this-world wonder and awe at another human.


It's just hard to believe that we went from that barely 7-pound newborn to THIS. A three-year-old toddler with some pretty strong opinions and a huge imagination.


Yes, we snapped some photos. The first day of homeschool preschool may not seem like a big deal and maybe we made more of an event out of it than necessary, but it was fun to psych Judah up for his Big First Day. I'm so glad we did too, because he really already looks SO much older than these images, and it's only been a month!


Comments