Starting a homeschool curriculum.

Starting next month (September is almost here, what?!), I'll be starting a homeschool preschool curriculum with Judah. Just for fun! Really, this is like a test run for the two of us. Like, can we handle homeschool? Or will this slide downhill fast? Maybe a trial run with a simple curriculum (and low expectations, because 3 year olds) will be helpful, so we're giving it a go!


The curriculum I chose is God's Little Explorers, and I like it for a few reasons:

1) It was recommended to me by moms I trust.
My sister-in-law used GLE with one of her three daughters, and plans to start with her second daughter this fall. I know another mom who liked it a lot, and with both of their recommendations it was an easy choice for me.


2) Its flexible and doesn't require too much prep.
I feel like I can adapt this to where Judah is right now in his development. And I also feel like it's not a catastrophe if we skip a day or two, especially because he is young. The lessons are simple, and I've heard through word of mouth that most of the materials can be found at the library.

3) The instructions are clear and simple.
As a homeschool novice and self-professed Type A person, I love this! I feel like I need clear instructions for what to do each day with Judah (because I have no idea what I'm doing ;) ), so this helps me feel more confident.



4) Its inexpensive!
It's like the cost of four Sbux lattes, guys. This means there's not much lost if we can't make it through the whole year. That takes a lot of pressure off my shoulders!



I'm getting psyched up to start this with Judah. Hopefully we can use Abram's morning nap as our "school time," which means some sweet one-on-one time with my first-born boy!

Comments